A Pioneer Hospital and Institute for Medical Care
The Vision of the Institute is achieving Excellence in Health Care and Manifesting Jesus’s Love in Service and giving his Life to Humanity.
Lourdes Hospital Post Graduate Institute of Medical Science & Research is a premier multi-specialty tertiary care hospital. Established in 1965, the hospital has been successfully running for more than five decades and has treated thousands of patients in its journey of Love in Service in the Health Care Sector. From its humble beginning in 1965 with 60 beds, Lourdes today has grown to become a renowned hospital consisting of 500 beds, 120 Intensive care units, 14 operating rooms, over 200 Doctors and manpower nearly 2000. It attends 500 In-patients and 1700 Out-patients daily and these patients are not only from all parts of Kerala but also from other states in India as well as from abroad. The hospital was destined to be located at Pachalam, Kochi for people from ten islands who were deprived of healthcare facilities.
The Hospital’s Core values are a representation of its name. The name LOURDES stands for
- Love in Service
- Organized Structure
- Unity in Action
- Respect for one another
- Devoted Zeal
- Empathetic Approach
- Safe Atmosphere
The Visionary Leader
Lourdes Hospital is being guided by Rev. Fr. Shaiju Augustine Thoppil. He is the CEO and Director of Lourdes Institutions. Fr. Shaiju has been associated with the Lourdes Society for Health Care and Research Since 2008. After completing his Master of Hospital Administration from Father Muller Medical College Mangalore, he joined Lourdes Hospital as Associate Director. In his new role as Director of Lourdes Institutions, Fr Shaiju will be responsible for the entire operations of Lourdes Hospital Kochi, Lourdes College of Nursing, Lourdes School of Nursing, Kristu Jayanti Hospital, Lourdes Academy of Health Sciences and Lourdes academy for clinical Training.
With around a decade of Professional experience in Healthcare Administration, he has taken several successful Quality Initiatives to improve Patient Safety and Quality Health Care. He is also the President of AMCSFNCK (Association of the Management of Christian Self Financing Nursing Colleges of Kerala). He is also playing a devoting role in the HealthCare delivery system of the state as the secretary of CHAI Kerala Chapter (Catholic Hospital Association of India). Lourdes has been playing a transformative role in the health care system of the state with a 55-year-old saga of Love in Service and delivering Trust & Expertise.
The Missionary Purpose for the Upliftment of the Society
The real strength and incentive of Lourdes Hospital remains its strong sense of social commitment in providing affordable, service-oriented, and patient-centered care. It is focused on holistic healing encompassing all dimensions of human life - mind, body, and spirit. Over half a century, the hospital has been committing in serving the less fortunate sections of the society irrespective of caste or creed. “We do this through our free outreach clinics & funding programs designed for the financially backward sections of our society etc. We are confident that our mission in providing excellent and affordable healthcare to all will continue unabated in the future too”, adds the concern.
Lourdes Hospital is a home for patients especially the deprived individuals, who look for medical help. To fulfill the basic medical needs of these patients, the hospital has come up with a bunch of missions to foster the well-being of these individuals. Here are the missionary statements:
- Develop affordable and holistic healthcare.
- Contribute to a better quality of life in society.
Equip health professionals with knowledge, skills, and values.
- Provide measurable benefits to all regardless of caste, creed, and color.
- Adopt state-of-the-art technology with an eco-friendly environment.
- Emphasize research and development initiatives.
The Winning Records
In the course of time, Lourdes has won numerous awards and recognitions for its honorable work. The team at Lourdes, be it the Doctors, the Management, or the Students all are dedicated to serving the patients with utmost care and love. The Lourdes’ commitment to delivering the best possible experience and quality services for all have won rewards like:
- Lourdes Hospital is the first mission hospital in Kerala to get the NABH accreditation from the Quality Council of India for Patient Safety and Quality of Health Care.
- Green OT-International Certification by BUREAU VERITAS for the Best Eco-friendly Operation Theater.
- First Baby-Friendly Hospital of the State (UNICEF).
- Indywood Medical Excellence Award for the Best Tertiary Care Hospital.
- Vanithalokam Health Care Award for the Best Hospital.
- Green Energy Initiative Award (KSEB).
- SEPC- Services Export Promotion Council India Cochlear Surgery under ADIP Scheme.
- Insight care- The 10 Most Influential Multispecialty Hospitals, 2019
A Brief Overview of the Lourdes Amenities
Lourdes Hospital has now around multiple established specialty departments, which are growing steadily, equipped with state-of-the-art equipment. These departments are under the supervision of trained and dedicated staff members, many of whom now run training programs.
Lourdes Hospital is also a full-fledged teaching institution conducting postgraduate (DNB) courses in 14 specialties, has a Nursing College giving BSc, Post BSc & MSc courses, Nursing School (GNM), a Paramedical College offering various courses and is an AHA International Training Centre as well. The entire group of departments includes:
- Lourdes Hospital
- Lourdes Post Graduate Institute of Medical Science and Research
- Lourdes College of Nursing
- Lourdes School of Nursing
- Lourdes College of Paramedical Sciences
- Lourdes Academy for Clinical Training (AHA International Training Center)
- Lourdes Kristu Jayanti Hospital
- Lourdes Kristu Jayanti Ayur Centre
- Lourdes Punar Jayanti Rehabilitation Center
List of Specialties and Super Specialty Services
These are the wide-ranging list of specialties that are broadly available at the Hospital. Further categorized into Specialties and Super Specialty Services:
- General Medicine
- General Surgery
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Otorhinolaryncology (ENT)
- Dental Sciences
- Behavioral science
- Dermatology & Cosmetology
- Radiology & Imagiology
- Family Medicine
- Emergency Medicine
- Pain & Palliative
- Fertility Clinic
- Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
Super Specialty Services
- Cardiology – Interventional
- Cardio-Thoracic Surgery
- Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Cardiac Anaesthesiology
- Paediatric Cardiology
- Neuro Surgery
- Nephrology & Toxicology
- Plastic Surgery
- Urology & Kidney Transplant
- Vascular Surgery
- High-Risk Obstetrics
- Bariatric & Metabolic Surgery
- Critical Care
- Endocrinology & Diabetes
- Arthroscopy & Joint Replacement
- Interventional Pain Management