Productivity Management Group (PMG)
A World-Class Research and Development Platform empowering Productivity
To be the most sought after, reliable, productivity improvement knowledge partners.
Established in 2001, Productivity Management Group (PMG) aims to deliver top-notch knowledge by researching optimal, innovative, and strategic solutions, and to improve the productivity of an organization. In its journey, PMG has evolved as a team of domain experts having a rich rock-solid experience of decades, which serves any type of sector & size of industry ranging from small and medium enterprises to large and heavy industry all over the world. Working with a vision of “Culturing Work Cultures”, its objective is to create a Continual Improvement Culture and maximize growth in Revenues and Profits within its client organization thus helping them to become a Lean and Growing Organization.
A Virtuous Leader
The visionary leader, Piyush Kumar is the Director of PMG. He is a mechanical engineer from Visvesvaraya Regional Engineering College (Now VNIT). A black belt in Lean Six Sigma, he has completed Lead Auditor programs on various ISO and International standards. In his leisure time, Piyush cherishes the perks of life and teaches the Art of Living Workshops, Yoga, and meditation for a healthy lifestyle. Inner Peace and Outer Dynamism is his management mantra to live life. Sticking to his roots, Piyush envisions PMG to function on the key values of:
Collaboration: Share and Care for mutual growth
Commitment: Promises made are honored
Customer First: Flex, reflex and reorient to exceed customer needs & expectations
Ethical Conduct: Truthful to the core
Mutual Respect: Conflict-free, harmonious work culture
Transparency: Work in Open Work Environment
A Journey of Discovery
In the late 1990s, when the Indian economy was opening up for global markets, quality and productivity were the two major issues, which were faced by the Indian industry. Total Quality Management (TQM) and various ISO standards, predominantly took the attention of most of the companies. During that period, Piyush was working in the capacity of Head of Quality function in an auto component industry and had hands-on experience of driving QS9000, a comprehensive quality management system for the automotive supply chain. After that devising systems and methods to supply absolutely ZERO Defect components to GM’s plant in Newark (USA), consistently for about 3 years, gave him sufficient confidence to share his knowledge and experience with Indian Industry.
In 2001, Piyush decided to carve his own path and lead from the forefront. With extensive experience and excellent performance in his previous jobs, his passion for productivity drove him into accomplishing his dreams and visions. Being a quick learner with comprehensive analytical skills, he was driven towards ascension and excellence, “For me to perceive a problem and conceive solution was natural but I laid more emphasis on getting the solution conceptualized by the client team. Getting an idea out of the client team took my brains out and that helped me evolve better and better”, states Piyush.
Areas of Expertise
Productivity at the forefront, PMG provides training and consulting on the following:
• Operational Excellence (OPEX)
• Lean Implementation
• Various ISO & other International standards towards standardization e.g.: ISO 9001 (Quality Management System), ISO 14001 (Environment Management System), ISO 45001 (Occupational Health & Safety Management System), ISO 50001 (Energy Management System), ISO 55001 (Asset Management System), IATF 16949 (Automotive Quality Management System), TL-9000 (Telecom Quality Management System), ISO 41001 (Facility Management System), ISO 22000 (Food Safety Management System), ISO 27001 (Information Security Management System), etc.
• Manpower optimization studies
• Capacity Expansion studies
• Automation studies
• Waste identification studies
• Cost reduction strategies
• Productivity improvement strategies
Exhibiting Key Innovations and Horizons
PMG’s greatest strength lies in its knack of implementation. Its team of consultants has a high ability to understand the existing challenges faced by the client and convert that into an opportunity to improve productivity. To stand out amongst all and provide the customers with potential services, PMG’s has its unique set of offerings:
• PMG devises customized sustainable solutions, which can only be done by client engagement. A high level of engagement is ensured by engaging at all levels of hierarchy within the organization, including frontline machine operators.
• PMG’s internal processes of conceptualizing the scope of the project, brainstorming scenarios, and potential solutions, considering the client risks help in chalking out a delivery strategy, which surpasses the client’s expectations.
• A wide spectrum of services in the domain of EXCELLENCE and standardization.
• Highly accomplished and experienced subject matter experts.
• Services of its consultants are delivered to international agencies like the International Labour Organization (ILO), United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), BSI, Intertek, DNV, etc.
• It's subject matter experts have serviced large multinational clients like Coca Cola, LG, Nokia, Novartis, Honda, Hero, Mahindra, Suzuki Motors, GMR, and several other big businesses of India.
• PMG has a very competitive strategy for bringing up improvements in the MSME sector.
The Victory Moments
The true spirit of excellence requires a self-driven team, a focused vision & commitment, ownership and joy in learning & delivering, desired speed of change, creativity & visualization for innovative solutions, effective networking, and teamwork for enhanced performance.
Few of the biggest achievements are
• Trained and facilitated SCoRE (Sustaining Competitive and Responsible Enterprise), an ILO program at a fabrication company in Faridabad, which earned the Prime Minister’s “First Lean implementation award” in Small business category
• Devised quality systems at a leading cosmetic company in Haridwar, which received the Golden Peacock Award
• Several companies have improved by more than 10% to 35% on productivity
• Ever since the inception of the SCoRE (ILO training approach) in 2011, Piyush has been a trainer of SCoRE and has trained several companies and trainers across India, South Africa, and Zimbabwe.
• Undertake a mission to South Africa and Zimbabwe to train 20 trainers in the southern region of Africa, on improving productivity through the international program of SCoRE.
• In 2019 undertook a 40-day mission to Colombia (South America) on the request of UNIDO to validate the results of a productivity improvement program called Pro-Motion in the automotive supply chain of Colombia.
• Have trained in countries like Pakistan, Maldives, UAE, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Colombia, Thailand, and Nepal.
PMG’s Take on the Future
To a large extent, the consulting industry is parting ways from traditional ways. In the upcoming times, virtual consulting would take a definite shape, especially because of price pressures. However, there will always remain a market for onsite consulting. The virtual training and consulting currently have few limitations and so the excellence journey will require an onsite coach.
The need of the hour is subject matter knowledge at competitive prices. PMG hires young, highly qualified engineers from premier colleges and provides them the learning environment under the highly experienced subject matter expert, to groom their consulting abilities before embarking on independent assignments. The second critical success factor is the constant upgrade of knowledge and emerging scenarios. PMG’s internal team meetings and consultant calibration exercises help in bridging this gap.
“Going Virtual is the plan of action to challenge the COVID-19 crisis. My team is learning several skills to make our presence felt virtual. We are coming up with several self-learning, skill development modules through e-learning methods”, concludes Piyush.